Opening up to all brothers soon!
We are all beyond excited to be moving back into our chapter house as soon as possible. Since 2017 the house has been rented out to the Phi Mu sorority and has gone through many improvements in the years since. Many of the original artifacts and common room furniture have been saved in storage by both the actives and alumni and will be returned to their rightful places during move in day.
Our Chapter House was built between 1927-1931 by Daniel Royer, who also built several other fraternity and sorority houses on our campus. Modeled after the Red House in Bexleyheath, England, our chapter house represents the ideas of the Arts and Crafts movement. This movement emphasized the use of manual labor, personal creativity, master mason's input, and the elimination of machines in production. Furniture created during this time period is sought-after for its high-quality materials and execution, and its rarity.